Wednesday 6 October 2010

FW: Re: Hello traveller

----Forwarded Message---

Hi Hills,

Tanks for you email.

Last night I pitched my tent on an olive terrace against a steep hill and walked rather a long way into the nearest tiwn for a beer and then had another to keep me conpany on the way back. Had permission from one of the residents this time so not bothered about the caberinaro or whatever theyre called.

I am staying this evening in a hostel at Levanto which is at the beginning of an area referred to as the cinque terre that some folks I have met were raving about so have descended some monster hills mountains to take a look. Only probkem is that what goes down .....

Its been a bit of a tough terrain today, the hills being very steep with severe twist downs which are scary since the brakes are not as adequate as I'd like so now thought I'd relax and destress under a roof a little and get some smalls washed, shop and visit the bank etc.

Stunning scenery everywhere. I met a young French cyclist coming from wher I'm heading and his front brake was missing altogether so heaven knows how he is managing. He kindly passed on half of his Italian map so added to my photocopies which get tatty very quickly.

Also met with an organised cycling group from the States who have been touring on a planned route with support van, rest days and no luggage to heave about. Much more civilised way of touring but only for two weeks.

I have been searching for something to read and have a good choice of books here including one flew over the cuckoos nest which I may decide to take with me.

Hope your course of study goes well. How's the travelling going your side of the family?
Regards to David please.

Be seein ya,

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment