Thursday 21 October 2010

Arrived in Macedonia

Just had good nights sleep at The Flip Hostel in Skopje Macedonia.
The Hostel is near the Bizantine castle and also nearby Rubin Karmin which was an old communistic period jwellery factory. The Hostel is run my Ardian a theatre event manager who has very good English. At 10 euros for a room on my own but holding 4 potentially is apparently reasonable. I have been offered wid tea and bread with homemade jam and a tasty pepper sause.
A young stage and TV actress by the name Filis showed me to the hostel and for all those single fellas following in my wake, she is very pretty an Single too.
The journey from Prizren in Kosovo to Skopje is an easy mostly downhill, especially from the border, journey of around 55kms.

Skopje from what I have seen so far really swings with a busy social night life with many bars returants and cafe's. I went to eat at a cafe' near to the jazz club and had Tauc'e Shopska and Rakisa I think. Good salad, a bean stew, bread and a strong aperatif 50%.
I then listened to a good band which did a track on a well known Shepherd who back in 2000 ish lost his sheep in a bombing raid or some fighting, but subsequently was compensated by an unusually large amount of money suspected of being a scam/money laundering.

This morning I will trundle off down to the railway station and see about trains towards Greece or other and where the weather had been an excuse, no longer, as I see a blue sky outside, but we'll see.
Speed and budget issues will help to decide.
Bye for now.
S.

No comments:

Post a Comment