Thursday 21 October 2010

Blasted rain but Macedonia some 50kms away

I am in Ferizay near to Urosevac some 55 ish kms from Skopje in Macedonia.

Good nights sleep in what is quite a busy town with many small cafe's and resturants offering what looks like good at very reasonable prices compared to West.

Staying at Motel Valdrini or Valdrivi in large comfortable suite with global tv and balcony for 15 euros haggled down from 20.

I found a market stall on my way yesterday selling cycle bits. I bought

2 brake blocks
8 patches and glue
Inner and outer brake cable
New but annoying right hand mounted Dynamo

All above for 7 euros. Back home, the dynamo would have more than this alone! Crazy world!

Roads here are busy ,narrow and lumpy so dangerous for cycling. I managed to get two lifts yesterday. One, about 10kms from Nissan 4x4 causing occupants to share back seat with cycle front end. I was rather embarrassed with there effort and generosity despite my pleading for them not to worry when it was found the bike would not fit easily and I was to be the 5th passenger. Then I called at resturant where they had dropped me off and anaged to get a lift (Approx 30kms) with a Merc lorry which had a hoist and was empty so no probs.

So arrived in the town at about 1700hrs,

Woken up this morning to yet more rain so have to just get on with getting wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment